Wednesday, January 9, 2008

McMillin Pit Crew - Plaster Cirty

Pit Crew,Andy McMillin takes First in Class, First Overall Win at the Dash.The MDR Plaster City 250 race drew a large crowd of spectators for this annual New Year's Eve tradition. The McMillin Racing team raced three vehicles and all three vehicles finished and did very well. I finished 1st in class and 1st overall crossing the finish line in 3 hours, 43 minutes and 30 seconds…8 seconds ahead of the closest competitor. My dad, Scott McMillin, started the race with Greg Forsberg sitting shotgun for the first two laps. After a driver change and fuel stop, Beau Eckert climbed in with me to watch the GPS and temperature gauges during laps 3, 4 and 5 until we crossed the finish line. My uncle, Mark McMillin, finished 3rd in class one of 12 starters and finished 4th overall. His time was 4 hours and 15 minutes. Daniel McMillin drove his single seat 1600 car and finished 3rd in class with 24 starters. His time of 4 hours, 29 minutes and 39 seconds was good for 9th overall. Finishing the year strong put the icing on the cake for the 2007 race season for me and my team. Enduring a tough year of equipment failures and the challenges of Baja was difficult but it has made me an even tougher, more determined driver going into the 2008 season. My crew continues to rise to the challenge for each race and I am very appreciative of all of their efforts. I could not have done it without their dedication, loyalty and support.

No comments: