Thursday, September 3, 2009

In Conversation - Bernie Ecclestone and Sebastian Vettel

Well worth a read.

Full Story

Q: Mr Ecclestone, when was the first time you took notice of a youngster called Sebastian Vettel?
Bernie Ecclestone: Me? I have never heard of him before! To be honest it was in Turkey in 2006. ‘Who is that Vettel?’ I thought to myself, and why is there again a German at the top of the time sheet?

Q: Can you remember when you gave him your hand for the first time?
BE: I never gave him anything - not even my hand. (laughing)
Sebastian Vettel: The first time I saw Bernie was in Imola in 2006 when I was there as a guest. The real introduction was then in Turkey.

Q: How was that for you?
SV: Gee, there he was, Mr Formula One, the big boss, the legend. Formula One is Bernie and Bernie is Formula One.
BE: At the beginning I didn’t know what Sebastian is made off. I generally take notice of them when they start winning. He reminded me of Kimi (Raikkonen). He also appeared out of nowhere and had only a provisional super license. Kimi, Lewis (Hamilton) and Sebastian meant a threat for others because of their age.

Q: Bernie, do you think Sebastian made the right choice in signing with Red Bull Racing for another two years?
BE: Yes, absolutely. The team is very professional, Sebastian is happy there and the team supports him in anything he’s doing.

No comments: