Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Breaking Rally News

Desert racing Champion BJ Baldwin of Las Vegas, NV has been signed to race the Robby Gordon Motorsports Hummer H3 at the upcoming Central European Rally put on by the ASO.

The race takes place April 20-26. The 7 stages start in Budapest, Hungary and continue to Romania and then turns around to finish in Balatonfured, Hungary covering 3061 Kilometers.

We asked BJ how feels his desert experience will translate into driving a rally?

"Well desert racing and rally are quite different. There will be no 4 foot bumps, no boulders to dodge, and fewer big jumps. From what I know about driving a rally it's all about going deep into the corners and carrying as much speed out of them as possible. The Hummer I'm driving only makes 340 horsepower but it stops and turns better than anything I have ever driven. I am very excited to participate in this event and I am looking forward to competeing against some of the best off-road drivers in the world. Robby Gordon is a great guy and a very talented driver. I can learn alot from him and that is exactly what I intend to do."

BJ Baldwin is a regular driver in the SCORE and BITD desert racing series and was the 2006 SCORE Trophy Truck Champion. He is also the current Trophy Truck points leader in the SCORE series.

No comments: