Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WRC Champ Loeb to test Formula 1 car.

SEBASTIEN LOEB TO TEST A RED BULL F1 CAR

Fresh from getting out of his Citroen C4 WRC at the end of Rally Japan, newly-crowned five-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb was handed a fantastic prize for his title by Red Bull, Citroen Sport's partner.

Red Bull Racing will give the Frenchman a chance to test one of its RB4s at the official Formula 1 test session on 17 November in Barcelona.

Beforehand, Sebastien will go to the team's headquarters in Milton Keynes to meet Red Bull Racing and prepare for the 17th. He will make his first acquaintance with the car during a preliminary test at the Silverstone circuit.

Sebastien Loeb is already eagerly anticipating this amazing experience: "I'm absolutely delighted by this present from Red Bull to celebrate my fifth World Rally Championship title. I already got the chance to test a Formula 1 car last year, but this time the circumstances will be a little different. I'm now going to find myself in the midst of all the regular F1 drivers during an official test. I just hope that I don't make a fool of myself! On the other hand, it's only for one day. I'd like to clear up any speculation about me possibly switching to F1...next year I'm definitely going to be driving a Citroen C4 WRC on the World Rally Championship !"

-credit: citroen

No comments: